LaTeX Books

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Limited discount 50%
coupon code tDRet6Y

click here to read the whole story

LaTeX users online

In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Longtable and PDF metainfo problem

LaTeX Forum: General

Add tags LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.

Postby bmn on Wed Aug 8th, 2007

Hi there!
I have started to build a TeXniC project for a c.v. "template". I managed to solve all problems I encountered - more or less elegantly - except two:

1. I would like to enter author, title and subject etc information in the main .tex file so that this is written as meta information to the PDF upon generating it. I have tried \author, \pdfauthor and \pdfinfo, none of that seems to work.

2. This might be a tough one:
The way I built this project is that I have one .sty file which contains the following (only the relevant stuff):
Code: Select all  •  Open in writeLaTeX
\renewcommand\section{\@startsection {section}{1}{\z@}
    {-3.5ex \@plus -1ex \@minus -.2ex}
    {2.3ex \@plus.2ex}

{@{} p{.23\textwidth} | @{\hskip .02\textwidth} p{.30\textwidth} | @{\hskip .02\textwidth} p{.35\textwidth} }}
  {\end{longtable}\vskip 0.5cm

So an environment "envtable" containing a longtable is defined. Now I have a main .tex file in which I load packages, refer to the .sty and then I write the actual text, for example:
Code: Select all  •  Open in writeLaTeX
first column & second column & third column

Now the thing is that in the resulting PDF file the text in the tables appears like it would in MS Word with the setting "justified" instead of "aligned left". The result are ugly big spaces between some words and TeXniC also reports 4 underfull boxes. I have tried -lots- of things to make this go away Very Happy The standard parameter for flushed-left text in longtables, manually flush-left in the .tex, trying to see if the problem is caused by bad hyphenation and some more. I simply can't get it to work.

I would greatly appreciate any help with these two problems. Thanks!

Postby localghost on Wed Aug 8th, 2007

At first, i may remark that such completely different problems should be posted in two separate threads.

For the first problem there is the simple answer to take a look at the documentation of the hyperref package.
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
Site Moderator

Postby bmn on Wed Aug 8th, 2007

Thanks, apparently I did use the right commands but with wrong syntax....
The PDF problem is solved now. Since there is only the longtables issue left I don't think it is necessary to start another thread. Mr. Green

Postby bmn on Sat Aug 11th, 2007

No suggestions?

Return to General

LaTeX users online