Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

Stop Editor and Viewer Windows from Resizing

MiKTeXTeXworksVimAdd tags Information and discussion about TeXworks, an integrated LaTeX environment for several platforms

Stop Editor and Viewer Windows from Resizing

Postby JustA_LaTeXusr on Sat Sep 21st, 2013

I use an external editor (Vim) to edit my source files. Every time I save the file from Vim, TeXworks shrinks my editing window and PDF viewing window from full screen to something small. Is there a way prevent this?

This has been crossposted to SourceForge.
JustA_LaTeXusr

Re: Stop Editor and Viewer Windows from Resizing

Postby josephwright on Sun Sep 22nd, 2013

TeXworks remembers window size and resets it if it detects an external edit. Have you tried opening in TeXworks, resizing to what you want then closing the file so the 'preferred' layout is stored?
Joseph Wright
josephwright
Site Moderator

Postby JustA_LaTeXusr on Mon Sep 23rd, 2013

Yes, that works wonderfully. Thank you!
JustA_LaTeXusr

Correction: It only works if you save from TeXworks, which means you have to make a text change within the TeXworks editor first (even if it's just a change followed by undo). Furthermore, when you save, it must be from the TeXworks editor and the preview window must be open to its desired size & location.
JustA_LaTeXusr

Actually, it doesn't work predictably. The PDF previewer now goes to full screen whenever I write the .tex file from Vim. I thought it might be due to docking, so I made sure the PDF previewer was not docked, made a change in the TeXworks editor, undid the change, saved the .tex file, and exited. I expected the position/size of the windows to be remembered, but they weren't. Odd that it worked earlier.
JustA_LaTeXusr

Topic Tags

MiKTeXTeXworksVim

Return to TeXworks