LaTeX forum ⇒ Conversion ToolsSimple Converter Word to Latex

Information and discussion about output converters related to LaTeX (e.g. dvips, ps2pdf, ...)
mrisouza

Simple Converter Word to Latex

Postby mrisouza » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:40 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, so, forgive me if I'm doubleing this issue. In case that happens, would you please link me to the original solved topic.

Does anyone know a converter (for windows) which converts word text to latex symbols? I'm gonna give you an example, because I don't want anything too sophisticated as I've been seeing around. I'd like a converter in which the input is a word document with mathematical writings and the output is simply a text archive with the correspondent latex codes.

For example, if I enter an archive containing "x²+2x+3", the output might be "x^2+2x+3".

Thank you in advance.

Tags:

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:57 am

Welcome to the forum!

I heard, Writer2LaTeX is not so bad. Here are some possibilities listed: UK FAQ Word to TeX converters.

If it's not a lot of pages, manually typing would be probably cleaner than machine generating. We could help if you would have syntax questions. Feel free to ask anything.

Stefan
Site admin

mrisouza

Postby mrisouza » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:46 am

Hi, Stefan, thank you in advance for your answer. Since I'm typesetting an existing book in docx, seems It would be impossible to typeset all manually: I'm trying to avoid this Homeric work! I've seen it's for OpenOffice. I'm trying on my Windows and see if It's ok. :)

Return to “Conversion Tools”