Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 20 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 19 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

Footnote is not clickable and the PDF cannot be selected

Add tags LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.

Footnote is not clickable and the PDF cannot be selected

Postby anis_huq on Wed Apr 11th, 2012

Say in chapter 2, page 10 I create a foonote (by doing: \footnote{bla bla....}). When I reference it in Page 10 I get a clickable reference to that footnote. But, in page 12 when I reference this footnote using \footnotemark[\value{footnote}] , I get the number of the footnote correct, but this time its not clickable. How can I fix this?

I am using Windows 7, MikTEX 2.9 and TexMaker. The PDF that I create is OK. But I can't seem to copy any text from the PDF. When I click on the text, a long vertical bar appears. I am using Adobe PDF for viewing.

Bye.
anis_huq

Re: Footnote is not clickable and the PDF cannot be selected

Postby Stefan_K on Wed Apr 11th, 2012

The optional argument to \footnotemark is not supported by the hyperref package, according to the hyperref README file. That's because it's not clear where the target is, for a manually specified mark.

Stefan
LaTeX Community Administrator
Stefan_K
Site Admin

Crossposting

Postby localghost on Thu Apr 26th, 2012

Just for information to other users for awareness of possibly already existing solutions. The question has also been posted to {TeX} SX.
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 13.1 (Linux 3.11.10), TeX Live 2013 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.5 (r1351)
² Posting stopped indefinitely due to offenses
localghost
Site Moderator

Return to General