Featured Book

LaTeX Beginners Guide

Who is online

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1327 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Partner Sites

TeXwelt - Fragen und Antworten goLaTeX
TeXblog
TeXnicCenter
TeXample

PDF View and Export fails

AcrobatAdobeexportingLyXPDFAdd tags Information and discussion about LyX, a WYSIWYM editor, available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X systems.

PDF View and Export fails

Postby jaykay on Sun Apr 21st, 2013

I've been using LyX for over a year, and this is the first time that I'm experiencing a problem with it.

I recently upgraded Adobe Acrobat XI, and since then, I have been unable to view LyX files and to export them, as the following warning message displays:
File does not exist:
C:/Users/User1/AppData/Local/Temp/lyx_tempdir.Hp2448/lyx_tmpbuf2/newfile1.pdf

I've already tried to uninstall and install LyX and MiKTeX several times, as well as deleting all preferences and all register entries, but nothing works. If it is an Adobe Acrobat problem, I have to point out that it works perfectly but for this problem.

What can I do to solve it?

Thank you in advance
jaykay

Re: PDF View and Export fails

Postby scottkosty on Sun Apr 21st, 2013

Hi, yes the problem is possibly with Adobe Acrobat. There are lots or problems with it working well with LyX. One thing you could try is Tools > Reconfigure. Restart LyX and try again. If that doesn't work well, you can experiment with the viewer command in Tools > Preferences > File Formats.

If that doesn't work, there are many alternatives. You could try Sumatra, MuPDF, or others.
scottkosty

Topic Tags

AcrobatAdobeexportingLyXPDF

Return to LyX